EmberShane

Sleeping Giants
Sylvain Neuvel
The BFG
Roald Dahl, Quentin Blake
Miss Mabel's School for Girls (Network Series, #1)
Katie Cross

Smoke in Moonlight by Heather R. Blair

Smoke in Moonlight (Celtic Elementals Book 1) - Heather R. Blair

This was my first read by Heather R. Blair, but it won't be my last. Smoke in Moonlight is the first novel in the Celtic Elementals series. This is an adult paranormal romance with a wide expanse of creatures. Werewolves, vampires, mythological gods/goddesses, changelings, and demons all make an appearance.

Lacey, an American, travels to Ireland in hopes of writing her first novel. Although I don't think she ever got to write a word. Her plans get derailed the moment she arrives. Aine, a goddess, has other uses for her which requires her first to meet Ronan. Ronan is moody and violent and sexy. So... basically... your archetypal paranormal hero. Oh... and he's a werewolf. I thought Lacey and Ronan together were great. And I loved Aidan's character (Ronan's BFF) too. Actually, I didn't dislike any of the characters. Well, you know, aside from the obvious ones (insert demonic sadistic villain, Aillen, here).

There were some formatting and spelling/grammatical errors (especially front-loaded in the novel), and I wasn't sure what to expect. As I've had this novel downloaded to my Kindle for a while, I am not aware if they've been corrected since my publication or not. But as I kept reading, I found the errors didn't detract from the story for me. The writing was exceptional, and I look forward to the rest of the series.