EmberShane

Sleeping Giants
Sylvain Neuvel
The BFG
Roald Dahl, Quentin Blake
Miss Mabel's School for Girls (Network Series, #1)
Katie Cross

Scars

Scars - C. Michael Lorion I was scrolling through my "read" bookshelf and came across this book for which I had written a review for last winter. My rating and review are gone. Strange. I'd also reviewed on Amazon, so I'm copying and pasting my original review here:

Not my normal genre, but found this novel to be both engaging and entertaining. The entire novel takes place in the span of a handful of hours during the middle of a blizzard in Old Wachusett, Massachusetts. There are multiple characters, and each chapter switches the POV between them. I enjoyed that aspect. Each character had their own unique voice, and I was driven to find out more about their own individual stories. Some characters didn't get quite as much "face time" as others, but I imagine they will come more into play further into the series.

Though I was left with several questions at the end, I did overall enjoy the ending. I was not expecting the twists that came in the last few chapters. Well written and intriguing. Looking forward to the second book in the series.