EmberShane

Sleeping Giants
Sylvain Neuvel
The BFG
Roald Dahl, Quentin Blake
Miss Mabel's School for Girls (Network Series, #1)
Katie Cross

Justified

Justified - Danielle James Sarah Hayden has plead guilty to premeditated murder and is two years into a fifteen year prison sentence when the story opens. Jon, her loyal and devoted lawyer and friend, has his work cut out for him when Sarah truly believes she deserves the maximum sentence the law can give her.

This book deals with some dark themes. Domestic violence, revenge, and the difference between doing what is "right" and doing what is socially acceptable. This story definitely makes you think about what you would do if you were in Sarah's shoes. I don't want to give any spoilers, but I will say I think most readers could easily understand where Sarah was coming from when she commits her crime.

I loved the style in which this story was told. As it starts two years into her sentence, the back story is given in small increments over time, often as entries from the journals Sarah has kept during her imprisonment. The story was engaging, and more than a couple times, I found myself sniffling through passages. I devoured this story in practically one sitting, and look forward to reading more works by Ms. James.